Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Windy Day!

So last night I fell asleep, while looking out my window, to an absolutely gorgeous night sky. The stars here are sooo bright! When I rolled over this morning, this is what I saw:

This is a bad picture because of the bug netting on my window, but a herd of sheep just grazed on by early this morning. Whoa!  I literally sat in bed and watched them go by.

After having my breakfast and getting ready I headed down to "The People Barn" for training with Sophia the education director of the shelter where we learned a bit about the history of the shelter and talked about why we were here and what we wanted to get out of this experience. THEN....we went and met the animals :) The wind here today was crazy! But much better than snow :) I met the senior cows and pigs, goats, turkeys, rabbits, sheep and chickens. Once we'd been shown around the farm I was trained on cleaning the small barns (turkeys, geese, chickens, rabbits). I LOVE the turkeys. I never thought they would be so curious and friendly but they were! They wanted to be in the barn while I was cleaning and they would hop up on  hay bails or peck and scratch at the new hay I would lay down. They even let me bet them (super soft by the way). It was a great day, but I'm exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment