Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day off

Yep, I already had my first day off today. It was pretty uneventful since I'm not allowed to really go hang out with any of the animals alone until I'm all trained up. I did end up tagging along though to meet the main cow herd. I was really surprised with the size of these guys! They are about as tall as I am! Molly, the intern coordinator, showed us proper cow etiquette haha, so we don't get accidentally stepped on. There is a one eyed cow here and I can't remember her name...I want to say Daphne? It starts with a D....anyways, makes me miss my little Willegars at home.

After I met the cows, I had some lunch and then took myself out for a little walk by the lake. The weather is great and I'm so thankful I'm no where near the Midwest storms at the moment!

As I was walking back to the house the sheep herd was grazing in the yard. They all turned to stare at me. It was quite a sight:


I also took some photos of the signs that are posted at the entrance to the Sanctuary. I just really like them :)


So that was my day. Hopefully things will start picking up, I know they will. Stay tuned :)


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing adventure & a great place to work! I love your blog.
    ~Dee
    http://creatingharmony.blogspot.com
    http://holisticbehaviorsolutions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete