Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Closing Adventures

You know that saying "Close the door, we don't live in a barn!"? That saying is so inaccurate it's funny. Half my time here is double checking I closed gates, sliders, window panels, curtains, and doors. I closed again tonight. Still not the smoothest. Romeo attacked my finger and Daisy was spitting attitude through her funny little beak. I need to get a picture of that chick.  Luckily I was closing with Ashley, another one of the caregivers, she is quick at closing and was able to help me out a bit. I know I will eventually get the hang of this closing deal, but right now it's just pissing me off! I need Dr. Doolittle powers. I hate being angry at those ducks! It never lasts long though, because once they jump out of the pond they waddle so cutely up the hill. I can't help but laugh at their little duck butts! Hahah! Anyways, cute moment of the day, ironically occurred while closing. I went to go count the pigs, and because of the rain all but Rusty were curled up in the hay. They were snuggled so tightly together. Little Blossom (the smallest pig) was right in the middle of two of the larger pig ladies (still don't have all the pigs down by name). What's funny about pigs is they always look like they are smiling. They all looked so happy and content. Which makes me feel happy and content....until I head down to the duck and goose pond that is :) So, despite another rough close, I still had a good time and I'm very much enjoying this experience.

After close tonight, Stephanie and I rummaged through the cupboards and freezer and made random vegan house leftovers. We found some cucumber wontons and sweet potato french fries. Pair that up with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some almost expired tofurkey jerky and you've got one heck of a meal!  We've also made a list of things to do while we are here, and several other mysterious lists to be completed before our stay here is up. In other news, I might be extending my stay through May. We then headed to Molly's to play some cards....which I suck at, but always have a good time with! And now, It's almost 1am and I'm blogging because I HAVE to blog every day (my rule). Time for bed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment