Thursday, February 24, 2011

Produce and Pig Checks

Anyone who knows me knows how much joy I get from feeding my pups Emmett and Cynthia. It makes me so happy to take care of them and know that they need me. I'm kind of missing the little tykes but I'm getting my feeding fulfillment by feeding out produce to the pigs. Feeding produce entails cutting up tons of fruits and veggies and just dishing them out. It's kind of one of my new favorite projects :)

This morning I assisted Molly and Carrie with pig health care. Holy intense experience. Pigs scream like you would not believe! Today they got their hooves trimmed, ears cleaned, an allover body check and a couple vaccinations. It was tons of fun because you really get to see each one's personality. Who's the whiner, the one in charge, the baby etc. It was freezing cold this morning too and I didn't double layer my socks so all I could think of was my hot shower at the end of the day. Unfortunately our hot water went out!!! Soooo sad :( I'm having hot cocoa instead and we are baking cookies tonight. Hopefully that will warm me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment