Thursday, February 10, 2011

Turkey Health Care

Quick update tonight. I didn't do anything too special today. Started out with cleaning troughs and then watched the turkey girls get their health checks done. That was actually really cool! Every 6-8 weeks the turkeys get their entire bodies checked to make sure they are healthy. I definitely want to do a whole post on turkeys and the cruel factory farm practices they have to endure. Another night though. I still haven't seen that movie Fowl Play. And my movie list is growing.

On one of my breaks today I was reading a magazine that had an article about some of the investigations that Compassion Over Killing has done. I always think it would be fascinating to participate in the investigations side of things...though extremely hard. Some of the cruelty the cameras capture, I'm not sure I could sit by and watch...maybe for the greater good?  Hmmm...this isn't a well thought out post, just things I've been thinking about.

Tomorrow we have another Ed Lunch so I'm sure I'll have much to post after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment