Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sierra Nevada: The Best Beer, I Still Don't Like :)

For someone who doesn't like beer at all, I've been on a lot of brewery tours! Today after barn cleaning we had our monthly grocery shopping trip in Chico (we grocery shop in Orland every week). We took a little detour to the Sierra Nevada Brewery. It was pretty cool actually. And for someone who also enjoys simplicity and the organic life, I also really enjoy seeing these huge machines that are able to push out tons and tons of product. The company focuses a lot on sustainability though and it was really interesting to hear the extra steps they take to create as environmentally friendly a product as possible. When the tour was over we stopped at the bar they had on site. Stephanie and Byron did the beer sampling tray and I was just lucky to finish half a glass. It is good beer...but I really hate beer.

 I really only finished half of that. One day I will successfully drink an entire beer and enjoy it! It's time to man up and move past Mike's Hard Lemonade! Lol XD

 Stephanie and Byron...and their sampling trays. 


We then hit up Chico for all our groceries. I'm all set for the week. Tomorrow I have the day off again but will probably head down to the farm because Noel the goat is getting integrated into the main herd and I want to see how he does! I now have batteries so hopefully I can get some more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! Can't wait to read AND see more. I'm so jealous! I want to see some cows :)

    ReplyDelete