Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You Gotta Be....

This morning I opened. *deep and wonderful breath* I LOVE opening. It was such a crisp morning everything smelled dewy and I always enjoy my morning walk to the shelter office when the sun is just coming up. I look behind me to see the cattle already grazing on the hilly pasture and look below to see the geriatric cows, Joni, Neal, and Hank doing the same. Then I try to contain my giddiness. I would have thought, a month into this internship, that the excitement would wear off, but it seems to be growing. When I played derby, after practice I would always say that my lungs felt happy from such a good workout. They really did. They felt filled with fresh oxygen and really strong. I felt my best after practice. Anyways, Farm Sanctuary is to my soul what derby practice was to my lungs. Whoa check that analogy out...haha! So yeah, still loving every day here.

After I opened I helped Leanne wrap Curly's busted horn, one of the sheep from the Iso Santa Cruz herd. I had to pretty much stand with him between my legs and hold his good horn with one hand and his chin with another. He did a really good job :) I really am enjoying any time I get to assist or just watch the caregivers with different treatments.

I then drove the scary van to Chico to drop of fecal samples at the vet and pick up feed. There was also a failed pit bull rescue mission between Orland and Chico. Two of them were running up and down the farm street and I tried to get them but they were scared and ran off. Hope they are okay.  As I was driving into town "You gotta be" by Des'ree came on the radio. Nostalgia! Took me back! That was my first ever cassette tape. I remember cleaning up all my barbies that were scattered around the room to that tune. Let us reminisce:



By the time I got back I had a couple hours of barn cleaning to do and then we had our monthly Chico shopping trip.

I'm going to throw in a few more photos. These are nothing new to people who I'm friends with on facebook, but to all you other readers out there:

Me and Coco. This is that goat hug I was talking about in a previous post. YES they hug, and it's the best thing in the whole wide world! Far better than any human hug!

Buddy and Chili playing with my shoe laces. 

 I don't know who this pretty lady is but I think the picture turned out well.

If that isn't just the best smile ever...and that's coming right out of a nap! That's Johnny :)

 Bo looks a little freaked out here! Hahah!

Okay, more photos later. Blogger uploader is being super slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment