Friday, March 4, 2011

Raking Muscles and Sugar Highs

Yesterday I cleaned small barns for the first time by myself. This includes the chicken and turkey barns, the duck and geese hutches, and the hospital hutches. It was a really nice day out yesterday so it wasn't too difficult. I however, have the puniest arms EVER! But I think after raking a bunch here I may be able to break my 1 push up record. My favorite part of the day was when I had moved to the duck and geese hutches, began raking inside and Blaise decided to join me. That's him down there...though from a few weeks ago...but I'm trying to enhance your mental picture here :)
He started curling up in the patches of hay that were in the sun. Oh, the life of a vegan house farm kitty.

After work Stephanie, Shubah (our new roomate), and I took Byron to the airport in Sacramento, but not before stopping at Sugar Plum for dinner, an all vegan bakery and restaurant. Stephanie and I split the yam and veggie quesadilla and the tempeh reuben. Both delicious! I took pictures of all these amazing foods on my phone because I forgot my camera, but they turned out horribly....so you are going to have to use your imagination. For dessert I got the double coconut cupcake which was, in the words of Will Ferrell impersonating James Lipton, Scrumtrulescent!  I LOVE coconut! I also brought home a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie pie for another day. Here at the vegan house we've decided we are cutting back on Sugar ASAP! Because we have been indulging in baked goods like you wouldn't believe! So, soon, Stephanie, Shubah and I will be doing a one week sugar cleanse! (one week was all we could commit too hahah!). Byron couldn't part with the Jelly in his daily PB&J so he's out! Should be a good challenge I think! I'll keep you all posted when we start! 

I've got the day off today, so I'm bringing Melvin some apple and hopefully will get some more pictures and video clips of the turkey girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment