Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sugar and Sheep

Holy moly. I'm tuckered out. Today was healthcare for the sheep. I literally feel like I just played in an intense roller derby bout. From 7am to 12:30 today I held sheep horns while Ashley checked their eyes, ears, body, trimmed their hooves and gave a shot. It was intense. My arms and back are sore from being bent over all day and being tossed around by a few of the really strong ones like Zeus. Because the Santa Cruz and Iso Santa cruz herds are pretty big I really don't know too many of their names but I was able to learn a few today. My favorite, mainly because he gave my arms a rest, was Ed. He just laid down and rolled over for us. Thank you Ed.

After healthcare I went up the people barn and started on a crazy baking project! Sophia is teaching a "Why Vegan?" class tomorrow in Chico so I was put on baking duty! Which is always fun because I love baking. I rocked out to a little Lady Sovereign and made brownies, two batches of marble cupcakes, peanut butter cupcakes and rice crispy treats. Phew! I'm sooooo tired! Will probably spend the evening with the Desperate Housewives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment