Sunday, March 13, 2011

Turkey Girls in the Key of Epic

I've got another video for you all! This one was WAY more thought out than Breakfasting with Bovines. I started it about a week into my internship here. And while it began as somewhat of a joke, I've fallen in love with these birds.  I always liked the turkey girls, despite their pecking and mini bruises they'd leave on the backs of my legs. They just seem so fearless and bold in everything they do.  I wanted to make a video of them that showed how epic they truly are. If you look closely throughout, you can see the visible signs of their past and the horrific truth behind factory farms. Several, have been severely debeaked, detoed, and desnooded. I didn't want that to be the main focus of the video though (which is why the second scene is a lucky turkey girl with all her lovely toes). These girls have been through a lot. I hear them saying "You can take our toes, beaks and snoods, but we will not be afraid!" That's what I wanted to show here....their fearlessness, their will to carry on as one of the strongest creatures I've ever met! Long live the turkey girls!

Epic as defined by Urban Dictionary: To describe something that is so amazing that no other word is able to describe it's awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment